Sunday, July 17, 2011

Heat break.

Friday night the heat let up a bit.  Since it was our last evening with Warrior we decided to run over to the field so the boys could play.  Kassa went exploring, but Ricky and Warrior chased each other around for a few minutes before the heat dictated otherwise.  A few weeks ago we improved the grey play field a bit by adding some chairs and shade.   After all, we have to keep the people somewhat comfortable as well.


Sunday morning was not horribly hot.  We had a limited grey play group this week, but Kassa and Ricky were happy to see Specs and their old buddy Army.  Army is back in the program and still looking for his forever home.  He sure is a great dog.  Ricky,Army and Specs had fun burning off some steam.  Kassa did some more exploring and enjoyed keeping cool by digging a spot in the cool dirt to lay in.




To close the weekend down, we went to the Crocket Park amphitheater to hear 7 bridges play.  They are an Eagles cover band. While enjoying the music we met a nice couple with a German shepherd named Cleopatra.  She and the boys got on well and she reminded me of Morgan over at Talesandtails.com.  By the end Cleo's mom was saying that a greyhound might just be the perfect sibling for Cleo.


Of course just as a very nice weekend was coming to a close and I was bringing the boys inside, someone in my neighborhood put the fear back in Ricky by lighting off some fireworks.  Oh well.. I guess life without challenge would be boring.


5 comments:

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Sounds like you boys had a wonderful weekend:) I hope Army finds his forever home soon. How awesome to be able to take Kassa and Ricky to the concert. Here's hoping a Greyhounds finds it's way to Cleo's home:)

Angela J. said...

Looks like a fun weekend, except for the fireworks. We have neighbours that do that too :(.

houndstooth said...

We had the fireworks problem this weekend, too. I keep telling myself that they'll run out at some point.

Morgan does quite well with the Greyhounds! I think she's a good foil for them, but maybe I'm biased! lol

Jennifer said...

OMG, I read the title of your post as "Heart Break" and was very worried! I had to read the post twice, scared I missed something bad! Glad you had a nice weekend (and there was a HEAT break, not HEART break lol. I guess I need new glasses!).

Jen

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

The weather was fantastic in the southeast!