Friday, September 3, 2010

In search of Circles

Although I run Kassa quite a bit, I like to give him a break and go for walks as well. He is a good walker and walks right along beside me. I try to choose circular routes however because if we walk a path and then have to literally turn around and walk back, Kassa will start to drag. He doesn't want the walk to stop so he stretches it out. After a few minutes he normally picks up the pace however this can be a bit tedious if we are walking before I go to work. Here we were trying out a different circular route through Crocket Park and it was a very successful one.

5 comments:

houndstooth said...

I've got to tell you, I feel so much better knowing Blueberry is not the only one! We do walk in a circular path, but she always knows when we're headed back towards home and she drives us insane. She'll walk as far behind us as her leash will allow in what we call "The Jackass Routine." I swear, anyone who saw her would swear we'd beaten her or something!

jcp said...

Heh.. definitely not the only one. When the drag kicks in it looks like he is walking me. "Lets go" ... he trots up.. then slowly drags to the end again.. "lets go" .. repeat.. after about the fifth cycle we are either walking again or home.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I'm a fan of loops as well!

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Lol, I don't have this problem as most of our walking is done off leash but I did have a pony once who walked so slowly on the way home that it was quicker for me to get off and lead him:-) When it is a bit warm Beryl does tend to lag on the way home. It's funny walking faster than a greyhound. I think we'll be walking about 10 pm in the summer time:-)

ForPetsSake said...

Hilarious! What a challenge this must be! I'd never considered that the walk back might be less desirable...We live in an apt, so the entire complex is one big circle. Are there apts near you? Good luck! If you get a chance, please check out my blog:
http://www.arwenspack.blogspot.com/